A very good dinner we just had
Tortellini and Sausage Alfredo
1 9-oz package tortellini (I used garlic and mozzarella, it wanted spinach and cheese)
1/4 lb bulk italian sausage (I used links, cut up)
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/4 c. diced green pepper
1/4 c. sliced mushrooms (I used closer to 1/2 c.)
2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
1 1/4 c. milk (powdered works fine, in case anyone's doing a food storage challenge)
1/4 .c parmesan cheese
1/9 tsp. worchestershire sauce
dash nutmeg
Cook sausage with onion green peppers and mushrooms. While this is cooking, cook the tortellini according to package directions. Stir flour into the sausage and veggies and cook for a minute or two. Gradually add the milk and boil for 2 minutes or so. Add a dash of nutmeg, the worchestershire sauce, and some pepper. Drain the tortellini and mix it in; stir in the parmesan cheese
This was really good. it claims to serve 2 but would serve 3 adults easily, or 2 adults and 2 small kids. It would make a great date meal--fancy and tasty but not hard or time consuming.
1 9-oz package tortellini (I used garlic and mozzarella, it wanted spinach and cheese)
1/4 lb bulk italian sausage (I used links, cut up)
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/4 c. diced green pepper
1/4 c. sliced mushrooms (I used closer to 1/2 c.)
2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
1 1/4 c. milk (powdered works fine, in case anyone's doing a food storage challenge)
1/4 .c parmesan cheese
1/9 tsp. worchestershire sauce
dash nutmeg
Cook sausage with onion green peppers and mushrooms. While this is cooking, cook the tortellini according to package directions. Stir flour into the sausage and veggies and cook for a minute or two. Gradually add the milk and boil for 2 minutes or so. Add a dash of nutmeg, the worchestershire sauce, and some pepper. Drain the tortellini and mix it in; stir in the parmesan cheese
This was really good. it claims to serve 2 but would serve 3 adults easily, or 2 adults and 2 small kids. It would make a great date meal--fancy and tasty but not hard or time consuming.
You did the right thing. Once you giev tortellini what it wants, it'll just start walking all over you
Posted by
Derek |
7:06 AM