misc.
So the kid, the one who got arrested the other night, is moving out....someone bought the house! After one full year of sitting there, falling apart, paint peeling, grass dying, real estate sign looking as dilapidadted as the house, someone bought the house. Rumor has it, anyway. Our likeable across-the-street neighbor Chris, who has a way of knowing these things, said someone was closing on it yesterday, and today, there they were--moving everything out...even the mom was back from San Diego helping. I was walking back from Days with my groceries and she was standing out there, yelling at the kid, "don't you dare get in that car and leave. You will be in big trouble. I need you to stay and clean out this garage..." She is from France and is always screaming at the kid in this barely intelligable French accent. Rather, she did when she was around, which she hasn't been for a long time, hence the kid squatting there.
Scott is in Las Vegas for March Madness. Somehow it seems like the thing to do each year, to drive 6 hours to some expensive hotel and sit around in the room watching games all day. Why not all go to someone's house and watch games all day? I don't know. But it may have something to do with the fact that March Madness coincides with Joey's birthday, and since he is a friend to all, everyone wants to go help him celebrate. And really, how could I deny Joey the company of Scott for his birthday, especially since he almost singlehandedly provides my entire social life. And I can see how getting away would really make it possible to watch games all day every day...if scott were around, I'd at least want him home between 6 and 8, and if it were physically possible to go to work, he'd probably feel like he needed to go to work. Anyway, it's one of those things that in the abstract seems kind of rediculous but when it comes down to it, it seems like a good chance for Scott to go so something fun and for me to spend a week eating things he doesn't like (read 'yankee franks and noodles'), taking baths, reading library books all night, and doing girly crafty things that I dont' do much of when he's home (this time it's my first foray into ribbon embroidery). Stan's a really good boy as long as he gets a decent bedtime, so it's not really harder for me. If any man in the group has earned this trip, it's Scott, I'm sure. Plus, if we end up at a law school this fall, this may be his last chance to do something like this with all these old friends. Everything adds up to me feeling good about him going, and I hope he has a great time.
I dont' think there's really any other news, to speak of (if what I said before even counts as news). I spent the morning shopping at Michaels and Joanne's, squandered the whole naptime on leisure activities (embroidery, library book, online window shopping and recipie collecting), went to the grocery store with Stan when he woke up, had dinner, stopped by my aunt's house, and put him to bed. Not a bad day at all. I can definately do this for three more days.
Scott is in Las Vegas for March Madness. Somehow it seems like the thing to do each year, to drive 6 hours to some expensive hotel and sit around in the room watching games all day. Why not all go to someone's house and watch games all day? I don't know. But it may have something to do with the fact that March Madness coincides with Joey's birthday, and since he is a friend to all, everyone wants to go help him celebrate. And really, how could I deny Joey the company of Scott for his birthday, especially since he almost singlehandedly provides my entire social life. And I can see how getting away would really make it possible to watch games all day every day...if scott were around, I'd at least want him home between 6 and 8, and if it were physically possible to go to work, he'd probably feel like he needed to go to work. Anyway, it's one of those things that in the abstract seems kind of rediculous but when it comes down to it, it seems like a good chance for Scott to go so something fun and for me to spend a week eating things he doesn't like (read 'yankee franks and noodles'), taking baths, reading library books all night, and doing girly crafty things that I dont' do much of when he's home (this time it's my first foray into ribbon embroidery). Stan's a really good boy as long as he gets a decent bedtime, so it's not really harder for me. If any man in the group has earned this trip, it's Scott, I'm sure. Plus, if we end up at a law school this fall, this may be his last chance to do something like this with all these old friends. Everything adds up to me feeling good about him going, and I hope he has a great time.
I dont' think there's really any other news, to speak of (if what I said before even counts as news). I spent the morning shopping at Michaels and Joanne's, squandered the whole naptime on leisure activities (embroidery, library book, online window shopping and recipie collecting), went to the grocery store with Stan when he woke up, had dinner, stopped by my aunt's house, and put him to bed. Not a bad day at all. I can definately do this for three more days.
My eyes scanned ahead in your entry, catching a preview of Michael's and Joanne's, which gave me the impression you'd be visiting friends of the same names later in the article. I guess you were, in a way, but not the way I thought.
Posted by
Derek |
4:11 AM