« Home | This was pretty interesting » | Something I Remembered » | Your Family Values Station » | A tasty recipie » | Argh » | Guest Post! » | 40,001 baby names » | braces » | I can't imagine! » | A ramen picture » 

Thursday, February 23, 2006 

What I'm having right now

Baked Butternut Squash Stuffed With Sausage and Apples

Preheat oven to 375
Halve lengthwise and remove the seeds and strings from:
2 butternut squash (about 1 pound each)
Arrange the squash cut side up on a baking sheet and brush lightly with
1 Tbs. vegetable oil
Cover with foil and bake until almost tender, 30 to 40 minutes (mine ended up taking a lot longer). Keep the oven on.
Meanwhile, crumble into a skillet and cook over med. heat until no longer pink:
8 oz. fresh bulk sausage
Without draining off the fat, add:
1 large tart green apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4" cubes
Cook, stirring, for several minutes, just until apples are crisp-tender. Remove from the heat. When the squash is cooked, let it cool slightly, then scoop out most of the flesh, leaving 3/8" shells. Lightly mix the squash pulp into the sausage mixture, preaking up the squash as little as possible. Mix in:
2 Tbs. butter
1 Tbs. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. ground sage
salt and pepper to taste (I dont think it really needs either, and I didn't put any in)
Pile the stuffing into the squash halves. Dot with:
1 Tbs. butter, cut into small pieces
1 Tbs. brown sugar
Bake, uncovered, until piping hot and crusty on top, 20 to 25 minutes.
serves 4

This is from the New Joy of Cooking. it's really good! I know it's a little involved and time-consuming for a lunch, but Stan was asking to cook by 10 am.

This was lunch?? Julie you are amazing!

I like your new cooking template.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Stan
  • From
My profile

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates