« Home | Argh » | Guest Post! » | 40,001 baby names » | braces » | I can't imagine! » | A ramen picture » | Spooky » | one lonely apple » | lost as all-get-out » | scott is the best! » 

Friday, January 13, 2006 

A tasty recipie

these muffins are delicious! Stan doesn't usually like muffins, I think because they're too crumbly, but these are really moist and hold together well. There isnt' any added oil because of the oil in the flaxseed meal--but the good news is that the oil in flaxseed is about 50% of the Omega 3 kind, so if your kids don't like fish that much....
This recipie is from the back of Bob's Red Mill brand Flaxseed meal. I bought it because Coralee was talking about flax, and I hadn't ever used it before.


Bran Flax Muffins

1 1/2 C. white flour
3/4 c. flaxseed meal
3/4 c. oat bran
1 C. Brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 c. carrots shredded
2 apples, peeled and shredded
1/2 c. raisins (optional)
1 c. nuts, chopped
3/4 c. milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together flour, flaxseed meal, oat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir in carrots, apples, raisins, and nuts. Combine milk, beaten eggs and vanilla. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients, and stir until moistened. Bake 350 for 15-20 minutes. yields 15 medium muffins

I left out the nuts, used soy milk instead of milk, and added nutmeg and cloves along with the cinnamon.

These sound totally delicious, and I'd love to try them. You guys should come to the next TV night at Cali's. We've been doing it on Thursdays lately.

Shane

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Stan
  • From
My profile

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates