« Home | Guest Post! » | 40,001 baby names » | braces » | I can't imagine! » | A ramen picture » | Spooky » | one lonely apple » | lost as all-get-out » | scott is the best! » | Super Saturday » 

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 

Argh

I'm almost done with my currnet cross stitch so I went to Roberts to get the last two colors I didn't have and threads and fabric and plastic bobbins (those things I wind the thread onto) for the next one. I got there and picked out all bazillion colors (seriously-there were probably more than 50) and went to get the other things and found that they didn't have the plastic bobbins I wanted (only the stupid paper ones) OR linen fabric, so I was going to have to go to Joanne's anyway. It was so stupid because the embroidery floss at Roberts is 29 cents apice, and they're cheaper at Joanne's, I just went to Roberts because their layout is so much better it takes probably less than half the time to find them all....but if I had to go to Joanne's anyway....so I started putting them back so I could get the cheaper ones at joannes since I was going there anyway, but stan was shifting into tantrum mode so I just paid for them and left. Of course it took forever to check out, with 50 tiny things with tiny labels to scan. So we went to Joanne's and I got the bobbins, but they were out of linen too, in the color I needed. actually, they had one labeled white, but it was closer to 'oatmeal' and the project is for Shannon and she hates off-white, so I just got the regular cross stitch fabric, but in 28 count so it's much smoother than 14 count and I'll just to the stitches over two holes like on the linen. It will look almost as good. I also bought the backing fabric for dawn's baby quilt. I had seen it on a previous trip and it was perfect (white with rainbow stars), but I didn't get it, and then I was looking for it today and the moved it! I was afraid it was gone, but I finally found it after looking at every bolt of cotton prints in the store and being sorely tempted by a few (I excercized amazing restraint, but I might be back! someone get pregnant with a girl!). We came home, had lunch (Scott's rice-corned beef concoction from Sunday for Stan, The vegetable gratin from Sunday with extra cheese and salt and pepper and cheese-bread toast for me), and Stan went down for a nap. I listened to the Alito nomination hearings while I started work on the cross stitch, and lo and behold--I didn't get the two colors I needed to finish it! I forgot all about it! so that's that.

About me

  • I'm Stan
  • From
My profile

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates