« Home | I hired the liquid one » | iOnce was lost, but now am found » | I don't know what got into me. » | Bill Fortress » | My eyes are dim, I cannot see (I have not got my s... » | mmmm.... » | Starring herself » | Guest Post: Husband Notes » | 10 things on my favorite topic :) » | stan-tastic recipies » 

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 

Hello, Shane

I think we've told this to everyone we've seen in the last little while, but since we haven't seen our dear friend Shane in months and months, it seems like, and the only way I communicate with him is through this blog, here is a little piece of news for him and any other long-lost friends: Me and Scott are going to have another baby. It's due in the middle of April. If it's born on the 15th as predicted, we'll be naming it Taxon or Taxine, depending on the gender. The other good news (not the same level of good, mind you) is that Survivor starts again this Thursday, and Joey has graciously invited us to watch it at his house and we'll be making quesadillas with my world famous (in Scottworld) homemade tortillas, Joey's world famous cheese, and Shane's world-famous fresh salsa! Few things are as exciting as the prospect of really tasty snacks, especially in conjunction with a nice TV-watching. And yes, you infer correctly, gentle reader--Shane's salsa means Shane is coming, which I was actually afraid he wouldn't this year, since he seems to have renounced us for a raucous single life in Springville. Other good news includes the fact that we got another Gilmore girls today from Netflix, and the fact that I finally got this book from the library that I've been wanting to read for a long time. The book is called Nothing Like it in the World. It's by Ambrose, and it's about the building of the transcontinental railroad. It's really really interesting so far. When I click 'publish post' in just a second, I'm going to go read it. Untill Scott's ready to watch Gilmore Girls. woo hoo!

As I mentioned to your husband on the phone yesterday, I'm just thrilled not to have to read "The Liquid One" each morning as I begin my day. And now, suddenly two posts I haven't seen appear. My fingers are crossed that you keep it up. After all, 70% of my job entails reading blogs.

My single life in Springville would not be considered "raucous" be any stretch of the imagination. But it's nice to know some people might think that.

Congratulations on the baby-making. I hope it's a girl so we can all see what a grown woman looks like in a baby's body (assuming she takes after her brother in the maturity department)

See you tonight at Survivor.

Shane

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Stan
  • From
My profile

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates