« Home | Guest Post: Husband Notes » | 10 things on my favorite topic :) » | stan-tastic recipies » | aaaah, summertime... » | grand finale » | nothin' doin' » | A Few Minutes » | then and now » | An interesting article » | The bathroom » 

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 

Starring herself

So scott's parents have this big, beautiful roll-top writing desk that we have both always just loved. Last weekend when we were over they asked it we wanted it! yes! I have been looking for a really nice desk for scott like this one (a writer needs a writing desk!), but even used they are very expensive. So in honor of our new arrival, we're going to paint the writing room. We want the room to be as cool as the desk. It's a big job, though, because all the books are in there and all this other stuff. So this morning I moved somewhere between 500 and 600 books into the living room (keeping them in order) along with two typewriters, two sewing machines (mine and my friend's), an extra computer monitor (very heavy!), a huge box full of merit badge booklets and field guides, all the stuff from the hutch, two file boxes, and other odds and ends. When Scott got home we moved the big computer desk into the long room. It works out fine! it all fits. Tomorrow night we'll go to Lowe's and Scott will pick the color he wants and I'll paint it on Friday during the day, along with our bedroom, since we (read "I") don't like the color we (read "I") painted it last week. So tomorrow I need to tape the writing room and get the bedroom ready again. The bedroom won't be bad, though, since I left the tape up. I just need to move the furnature away from the walls and clear off the top of the dresser so I can put the paint tray on it. The other thing I started today was typing up Scott's mission journals. I have been thinking about this for a while, but I was afraid to start because I have such a hard time reading his handwriting. It takes between 20 and 30 minutes to type each entry, and a lot of that time is spent squinting at the page. I probably won't work on it every day, but it will be a good Sunday activity. Besides that this week, let's see. Monday I made a bunch of apricot jam with Coralee using the apricots we picked from the family tree (haha) on friday. Yesterday I visited my Mom and Dad and brother Andy who were in town because my Grandma Harris had heart surgery at the LDS hospital. They left this morning. Tomorrow I'm going to visit Shannon and we'll have that long awaited swimming party (stan's little swim suit is so cute!). Friday is painting day, visiting teaching day, and the day we leave on the enrichment committee retreat --a slumber party at our enrichment councilor's cabin in Mount Pleasant, followed by shoping the next day at pottery and antique stores. Scott is babysitting for me--what a man! It should be a fun ending to a fun week.

What a COOL enrichment activity!!
You are doing so much; where do you get the motivation? I just look at our books, remember that I loved them in college, and then let them sit... you rock, jules. What does Stan's little suit look like?

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Stan
  • From
My profile

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates