« Home | My eyes are dim, I cannot see (I have not got my s... » | mmmm.... » | Starring herself » | Guest Post: Husband Notes » | 10 things on my favorite topic :) » | stan-tastic recipies » | aaaah, summertime... » | grand finale » | nothin' doin' » | A Few Minutes » 

Monday, August 01, 2005 

Bill Fortress

Here is a lie scott is telling me as I sit here posting. (I asked him why he took so long to get online after going back to work, and he asked if I wanted the real story or the fake story. These are his exact words)


so, I was driving my car down canyon road and it was at the end, the part where you go down the hill.

so anyway, there I was cruising down that hill, and just as I was getting to the bottom my bad headlights finally connected with....

my headlights connected with...a huge ramp just 20 feet ahead!

well naturally, I was stunned.

I was going so fast, and I knew there was no way I could avoid it, so instead of slowing down...

I slammed on the gas!

it seemed like a good idea at the time. So there I was, slamming on the gas, and the next thing I knew, I was flying up in the air.

up and up I flew!

lucky for me, instead of just falling to the ground, i caught an updraft that was coming out of the canyon. Bernoulli's principle came to the rescue, once again.

so up and up I flew, and I popped the trunk to use it as a rudder

well, I was looking for a convenient spot to land, and I spotted the fortress on the side of the mountain, so I adjusted things to land right into it.

it was a smooth landing, if I do say so myself.

so, there I was, parked in the fortress. I got out of the car and yelled, "Anybody home?"

and I heard, "Yeah, did you catch the ramp? I knew that would work!"

it was the fortress guy, Bill Fortress. He seems to be doing well.

he offered me a coke and I accepted.

so we had a nice chat, and then I told him I had to get to the office and get online. He said he understood, that that was part of the code of Hammurabi to do that.

instead of just leaving the way I came in, I went through the pipe, which emptied out onto Cascade golf course, and I just drove down the 18th green to get home.

and here I am.
that's the basic story, anyway.

____________________________________

so the real story is that as I was going across the bridge I thought, it's just about dark! I should get out and fish for 10 minutes.
so I got everything on and then Knowles drove by and laughed and took a picture with his cell phone.
and then I fished for 10 minutes, didn't catch anything, then went back to the car, undressed, and came here.

_______________________

This is why I married Scott.

What a fantastic adventure!

Scott left quite a mess on the 18th green. My ball got stuck in oil slick.

Great post - I'm not sure who to compliment, though... your writing skills or Scott's imagination. Ah heck - great job both!

This is awesome. I can't tell you how I knew that you weren't muggles but this proves it!

heehee!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Stan
  • From
My profile

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates