stan-tastic recipies
Stan is allergic to milk and eggs, and watermelon, and probably lots of things we haven't discovered yet. This has been really frustrating for me because it excludes so many of the foods I was looking foreward to making him (you know how I love to cook!). No pancakes, no muffins, no banana bread, no cake, no cookies, no nothin'. so I got to thinking...who doesn't eat milk and eggs? aha! So I did a search for vegan recipie websites. It's awesome! There are so many recipies for baked goods that forgo milk and eggs. Knowing that Sarah is also allergic to eggs, I thought I'd put up some links to some of the best sites I found. I thought others might be interested too because these are all very healthy recipies with creative uses of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. The Vegan Chef features such delights as Chocolate Mint Chip Cake, Lemon-poppyseed Snack Cake, Sugar-free Carrot Cake (and that's not using Splenda, either :) and Carrot Sunflower Seed and Raisin Bran Muffins. This website was probably my favorite, although the prize for sheer numbers of recipies goes to Vegan Food. This website has tons of awesome recipies, and is a close second to the Vegan Chef, mostly because of it's color scheme and formatting (can I help it if I'm swayed by such trivial things?) Vegan Food features Banana Bread, Apple Oatmeal Pancakes, Perogies (a Russian favorite), a variety of chocolate cake recipies, and in the dessert section are quite a few desserts made primarily of baked fruits. I was focusing my search on baked goods, since that's what I was having trouble sharing with stan, but these sites are definately worth looking at for their vegetable-rich main dishes and creative sides. Another site, a little low on baked goods recipies, but with lots of other enticing ideas is Nikibone. Anyway, I just thought I'd mention these for anyone who might be interested.
THANKS!
Posted by
Shannon |
4:33 PM