« Home | A Few Minutes » | then and now » | An interesting article » | The bathroom » | If Scott can do it, I can do it » | man post » | Red Room » | one year agohappy birthday, Stan  » | what have I been up to? » | Stan and I on a picnick with ScottMy view of the w... » 

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 

nothin' doin'

well, it's 11 pm. I just polished off a big ol' hamburger from Burgers Supreme (a mistake, I'm starting to think), and Scott just went back to work. So I'm left here all alone thinking, hmmm...should I go to bed, or should I do the dishes? It's not that I didn't do anything today, it's just that I didn't do the things I probably should have done. Which is why the breakfast dishes are still sitting in the kitchen, and why, if I looked hard enough, I might find last night's too. There's mail all over the living room, and Stan's books are spread across the long room. The thing is, I did so much yesterday. I was like Wonder Woman. I cleaned, I polished, I vacuumed, I ironed, I folded...when Scott came home last night, the house was spotless. Spotless, I tell you!! By mid-morning today it looked like it hadn't been picked up in a week. By tonight? hoo, boy. Don't I need the energy of a new day to tackle this mess? But if I wait till morning, as soon as I get out of the shower my friend will call and we'll decide to go walking to BYU or go out to lunch (it's her day off), then we'll start working on the quilt we're doing together until her husband comes home. Will I do it in the evening? no, I'll go to the bell tower concert on campus. What about after that? no, I'll be making a late dinner for Scott, who has a basketball game at 7 and so won't want to eat until around 8:30 or 9. After 10, then? forget it. Well, I guess I'll load the dishwasher and run it, put the books away, and do the rest tomorrow. Love will find a way, right?

I love this. It's so how my brain works late at night. Only I don't load the dishwasher I just watch tv and go to bed.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Stan
  • From
My profile

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates