A Few Minutes
I have a few minutes before scott gets home from his basketball game (i know, it's ridiculous--it didn't even start until 10:00!). I'll do this fast-style.
1.Today I put shelves in Stan's closet and cleaned that up, and put all the stuff he's too big for (baby tub, scale, crib mobile, etc) in the shed. It looks nice. I also trimmed the rose bushes and in the process got a whole big vase full of long stemmed red roses for the kitchen table (normally they would be for next to my side of the bed, but Stan can reach now...) I pulled a whole bunch of weeds out from among the rose bushes
2. Stan is climbing onto and into things now.
3. He also started throwing tantrums about two days ago.
4. It's important to me to have supplies I like for doing jobs I don't like. I love love love my delicious dish soap and my fancy pink gloves and my cute apron for when I have to do the dishes. It really makes a difference. I know the soap is expensive, but the $8 or so is definitely worth 8 months of dish washing being something to look forward to instead of something to dread.
5. Sometimes Stan's hair looks really red. It did today when I took him outside.
6. I do one load of laundry every morning. It's usually done and put away pretty early in the day. I used to do it all in one day, but it's hard to find a day with 10 hours to devote to laundry, especially since you have to be around all the time to change it. By the time the clothes are done, who has time for sheets and towels and all that other stuff? With one load a day, I do our three loads on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, then the rest of the days I can wash other things, or take the day off if I want to. Laundry is never a big deal anymore, and it's never stressful. This way you never run out of clothes all at once.
7. I have a nice sweatsuit that I'm wearing right now. I just got it at Target. It's blue, with two white stripes, like fake adidas stripes. Scott says, "Say it's because you sweat so much."
8. Today i went outside in the afternoon and it was just starting to rain and it was windy. I had a bottle of bubbles in my hand (i dont' know why, i think stan must have brought it to me as I was going out, or something). anyway, I started blowing bubbles. the wind was blowing the bubbles in this cool way, like in a big circle--they would all go down really fast and then catch this updraft all together and go up in this big curve. The air was humid enough that the bubbles just didn't pop. They went into the far reaches of the yard, just going around and around in this big circle. It was really amazing!
9. I load the dishwasher in a sloppy way so that I don't feel bad about running it when it isn't really full. We don't have that many dishes, and I don't want to wait three days and use every single dish we have before I clean them, but at the same time, my conscience won't let me run a dishwasher that's only half full. the solution is haphazard loading. If I ever do have more dishes, I can always straighten it out.
10. Our fridge is almost empty.
1.Today I put shelves in Stan's closet and cleaned that up, and put all the stuff he's too big for (baby tub, scale, crib mobile, etc) in the shed. It looks nice. I also trimmed the rose bushes and in the process got a whole big vase full of long stemmed red roses for the kitchen table (normally they would be for next to my side of the bed, but Stan can reach now...) I pulled a whole bunch of weeds out from among the rose bushes
2. Stan is climbing onto and into things now.
3. He also started throwing tantrums about two days ago.
4. It's important to me to have supplies I like for doing jobs I don't like. I love love love my delicious dish soap and my fancy pink gloves and my cute apron for when I have to do the dishes. It really makes a difference. I know the soap is expensive, but the $8 or so is definitely worth 8 months of dish washing being something to look forward to instead of something to dread.
5. Sometimes Stan's hair looks really red. It did today when I took him outside.
6. I do one load of laundry every morning. It's usually done and put away pretty early in the day. I used to do it all in one day, but it's hard to find a day with 10 hours to devote to laundry, especially since you have to be around all the time to change it. By the time the clothes are done, who has time for sheets and towels and all that other stuff? With one load a day, I do our three loads on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, then the rest of the days I can wash other things, or take the day off if I want to. Laundry is never a big deal anymore, and it's never stressful. This way you never run out of clothes all at once.
7. I have a nice sweatsuit that I'm wearing right now. I just got it at Target. It's blue, with two white stripes, like fake adidas stripes. Scott says, "Say it's because you sweat so much."
8. Today i went outside in the afternoon and it was just starting to rain and it was windy. I had a bottle of bubbles in my hand (i dont' know why, i think stan must have brought it to me as I was going out, or something). anyway, I started blowing bubbles. the wind was blowing the bubbles in this cool way, like in a big circle--they would all go down really fast and then catch this updraft all together and go up in this big curve. The air was humid enough that the bubbles just didn't pop. They went into the far reaches of the yard, just going around and around in this big circle. It was really amazing!
9. I load the dishwasher in a sloppy way so that I don't feel bad about running it when it isn't really full. We don't have that many dishes, and I don't want to wait three days and use every single dish we have before I clean them, but at the same time, my conscience won't let me run a dishwasher that's only half full. the solution is haphazard loading. If I ever do have more dishes, I can always straighten it out.
10. Our fridge is almost empty.
I really like this post, Julie. It is so interesting to see what other people do and think. I could totally see the bubbles in the wind.
Posted by
Dawn Wessman |
10:17 PM