Red Room
Yesterday I went to Bed Bath and Beyond to get some white sheets, but I lost my nerve (but wait! how do I even know we want white? what if we want to change our bedspread? how do I even know what bedspread we want until we choose paint? how can I choose paint without knowing what carpet we'll have? and how can I choose carpet until we have a bedspread? and curtains! and blinds! and light fixture! aaaaah! forget it! forget the whole thing!). I ended up with three picture frames instead. I thought it would be cool for the bathroom if I copied some of the designs off our shower curtain and framed them, so I went by Michaels and picked up some drawing paper and a permanent marker. And knowing that I finally would have something to put on the walls gave me the momentum to actually go buy some paint from Lowe's. So I came home with three frames, drawing supplies, and a gallon of red paint. Since Stan was up, I copied the drawings first. They look pretty good, especially in the frames. While Stan took his nap I took down the remainder of the wallpaper border, took down the round mirror and the medicine cabinet, spackled, sanded, and taped. As soon as Scott got home we put on the first coat of paint, then he got excited about it too so we went back to Lowe's while it dried. We picked up a new shower curtain rod, curtain hooks, a towel rack and hand towel ring, and a new toilet paper holder that all went with the new look. We also went back to BBB where Scott picked out a cool new clock (and I got another pack of my favorite kitchen towels!). After we got home we put the next two coats on and let it dry overnight. Today I took off the masking tape, did touchups, and took down the old hardware. Scott was going to help me put up the new hardware tonight, but he ended up having to go back to work right after Sarah and Emmy left (we were tending them tonight), so all we have done so far is the towel ring. I bet we'll be able to get the rest of the hardware up soon, or maybe I'll just do it myself. Besides that, we need to paint the ceiling (there was some collateral paint damage) and get a new medicine cabinet or mirror, and then it will be all done. So I went for white sheets and ended up with a cool new bathroom!
ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
How bout a post for all the guys now?
Shane
Posted by
Supercords |
7:10 AM
I have to admit that while red is not my favorite color, I really like the bathroom. It is very cool and if Scott and Alan can get excited about it and appreciate it I don't understand why supercords can't. :)
Posted by
Shannon |
8:45 AM
When you get the itch to do home repair, scratch it, baby. Those waves don't always come often, so ride them when they come. I bet it looks awesome.
Posted by
Dawn Wessman |
8:57 PM