« Home | man post » | Red Room » | one year agohappy birthday, Stan  » | what have I been up to? » | Stan and I on a picnick with ScottMy view of the w... » | The disaster, parts one and two » | kids » | Other People's Stories » | MSN - News - 'Wife Swap' Breaks Down Barriers » | What a shame » 

Friday, May 27, 2005 

If Scott can do it, I can do it

1. There is a lot of grass in the back flower bed again. I need to just devote a good chunk of time to it again. Like now; now would be a great time, since Stan is taking his nap. But am I pulling weeds? no, I'm on the computer. Although to be fair, this is something I've been meaning to do too.
2. It's been a long time since we started on the bathroom, and if we could just get the towel rack and the toilet paper holder up it would be practically finished (since I think we'll wait 'till June to get the medicine cabinet--new month, new money). Maybe we can do it tonight. It's not something I can do during naptime, since it will involve drilling through tile right next to stan's room.
3. Last night Scott came home late after a meeting and since I had already been asleep for four hours (because I went to bed early, not because he was that late), I couldn't fall back asleep after he woke me up. I was really hungry, so after about half an hour I went to the kitchen and had a bowl of cheerios. In the morning, Scott told me that when I turned the light on he thought I was a burgler for a second.
4. Medicare and Medicaid are in much more critical condition than Social Security, but Social Security gets all the attention because it's problems are simpler, more fixable, and there aren't as many industries set on keeping it how it is. Plus, old people vote and poor people don't.
5. Along the same lines, I think it's totally weird how people who get social security money have to pay taxes on it. Considering that there is money lost during every transfer, it would be far more efficient just to pay out less and have it be tax exempt. I wonder just how much that would save, anyway. But I guess taxing it as income is politically much much safer than "cutting benifits"
6. Scott dug a rogue tree out of the yard. It was almost as tall as the wall of the house. I didn't think he'd be able to do it, but he just dug it right out with the pitchfork. It was awesome to see him walking across the yard with this tree in his hand, and all the roots hanging out on the other end.
7. Scott and I have started bargaining when he wants to golf, since it usually means I'll have a longer day of watching Stan. Since the beginning of this post, he said he wanted to go golfing and asked what he could do for me. So he's going to put the towel rack up before the end of Saturday. Yipee!
8. I have been walking more with Stan. It's nice to get out of the house and get some exercize, and he's always really good on walks because there's so much to see.
9. Speaking of Stan, it sounds like he's awake now.
10. also speaking of stan, this morning at the crack of dawn, I went in to find that he not only had a messy diaper, but that he had poo all the way up to his armpits inside his clothes. When I went in the room, the smell almost knocked me over. Scott came in when he heard the bath running, and helped me out, even though he was up so late. He later commented that that was probably the angriest he'd ever seen Stan. I guess there's nothing like waking up ready to eat and then having to take a bath instead.
ok, bye

1. I'm flummoxed by the current state of my grass. Mine invades the flower bed, too, but can't seem to grow into the bare patches in the actual lawn area.
2. Please post a picture of the bathroom - it sounds great!

I had to laugh out loud at the last one. I can just picture Stanley upset and then I pictured you walking into a room expecting one thing but smelling something entirely different.

This was a fun post to read.

Shane

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Stan
  • From
My profile

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates