What to eat...
well, shopping day came and went, and I didnt' go to the store. So. I'm looking around for something to eat. I had some Nesquick. I need something else, but what? a can of tomatoes? mustard? I'm eating some Raisin Bran raisins while I think. We don't have any bread. I have a tortilla, but no cheese or salsa. I finished the last can of chili yesterday. If my mom were here, she'd find something and bring it to me...and it wouldnt' be another microwave chimechanga. The fridge is almost empty, it's all condiments now. I hate having to think of something to eat after I'm already hungry. I have what Scott calls 'hunger pride' now: I'm hungry and getting hungrier, so I can't just settle for anything. It needs do be something worthy of my great hunger.
Things I don't want (things we have):
1. a granola bar
2. eggs
3. a tortilla
4. a chimechanga
5. really old wheat thins
6. pudding
7. Raisin Bran
8. Tuna fish, not in a sandwich or on crackers
Things i could make, but that are too much work because I'm already hungry
1. french onion soup
2. biscuits or panakes
3. Some kind of pasta
4. probably a bunch of other things
Things I wish I had delivered to me on a steaming platter
1. barbecue chicken wings from Smokehouse
2. lasagna
3. a big bowl of dereks homemade pork bone ramen
4. deep dish spinach and sausage pizza
5. a four cheese and tomato panini
6. oyaku don (or however you'd spell that) from Togoshi Ramen
7. nachos! with everything!
8. a hawaiian haystack, with extra coconut, cheese, pineapple, and green onions
9. corndogs!
10. a teriyaki salmon fillet with garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli on the side
What I'm actually going to have, I think:
1. carrot and raisin salad
2. water
What I need to do:
1. go to the store
Things I don't want (things we have):
1. a granola bar
2. eggs
3. a tortilla
4. a chimechanga
5. really old wheat thins
6. pudding
7. Raisin Bran
8. Tuna fish, not in a sandwich or on crackers
Things i could make, but that are too much work because I'm already hungry
1. french onion soup
2. biscuits or panakes
3. Some kind of pasta
4. probably a bunch of other things
Things I wish I had delivered to me on a steaming platter
1. barbecue chicken wings from Smokehouse
2. lasagna
3. a big bowl of dereks homemade pork bone ramen
4. deep dish spinach and sausage pizza
5. a four cheese and tomato panini
6. oyaku don (or however you'd spell that) from Togoshi Ramen
7. nachos! with everything!
8. a hawaiian haystack, with extra coconut, cheese, pineapple, and green onions
9. corndogs!
10. a teriyaki salmon fillet with garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli on the side
What I'm actually going to have, I think:
1. carrot and raisin salad
2. water
What I need to do:
1. go to the store
"I'll take a number 8, add some tomato, and a number 10 with everything, please." Hunger pride... that's funny!
Posted by
Cora |
3:23 PM
You can sing a song about hunger pride to the tune of "Hungry Eyes" by Eric Carmen (about the food: "I've been meaning to tell you/I've got this feelin' that won't subside/I look at you and I fantasize...etc.")
Posted by
Scott |
3:32 PM
Julie, I had the SAME dilemma today, and I ended up eating Raisin Bran too!!! I also have had tuna with nothing else, drank the gatorade, ate a random funny-tasting yogurt and then resigned myself to grocery shopping.
You rock!
Posted by
Dawn Wessman |
6:10 PM