Last night at Joeys everyone was having the same conversation they have every week: who would marry who if each person's spouse died. Everyone in that group is always having dreams about being married to eachother, and they come and tell the dreams, which leads nicely into this conversation. I never have had a dream that i was married to any of them. Everyone was teasing Joey because he always wants all the girls to want to marry him, which to me isnt' that strange. Marriage is way more about being likeable and stable that it is about being sexy, and who doesnt' want to be likeable? Besides, we all know from our dating years that almost anyone can be sexy if we like them enough, so that isnt' even really an issue. (conversely, that same person stops being sexy as soon as we stop liking them). I don't want to be someone about whom everyone thinks "boy, i sure would never want to live with her..." and one way of saying that would be "i could never marry you, even if my spouse was dead"...although that's kind of a weird way to say it. So of course Joey wants to be the second choice of everyone. I hope that any of them could be decently happy with me too.
Do I have to get married before being considered as your first choice? Am I only worthy of a crush because I'm single?
Shane
Posted by
Supercords |
2:32 PM
I said if i had to choose anyone from work, besides you would find yourself at odds with my laissez-faire approach to housekeeping. And I'm sorry that i probably made your comment look weird by taking off the last part of my post, i decided I probably shouldn't have said that in a public setting...I talk about it with scott, but I don't know about the whole extended family :) Like I said Thursday night, I don't consider this blog a forum for every topic.
Posted by
Stan |
10:52 PM