the derek-tastrophe
Tonight I went to Scott's city league basketball game, and on the other team there was this man who, from across the court and with his head turned, looked just like derek. I mean, from the back, or mostly back view he did. He had red hair that was buzzed Wessman-style, and glasses like Derek's new glasses, and he had freckles on his face and shoulders and was about as tall as Derek. So from time to time I thought to myself, man, that guy looks just like Derek. But when he turned around I saw that he was not Derek at all, but a totally ugly, neanderthal version of Derek. I mean, he didn't really look like Derek at all, but all night I kept thinking that he would, and I kept being surprised every time he turned to face me. It was like someone had tried to make a replica of Derek and everything went fine on the back and one thing after another went terribly wrong on the front. It was weird.
I knew I could never keep Darrell in that basement forever...though I tried. Oh, how I tried.
Posted by
Derek |
4:07 AM