yesterday, today, and tomorrow
Well I found a doctor. I was starting to think we'd have to do a home birth for a while--everyone said "oh I don't think we can fit you in before you're due..." But I have an appointment next wednesday at 8:30 in the morning, and that only 20 miles away. Scott has class so I will just go with Stan, who is always good boy at the doctor. This doctor delivers at Methodist hospital, so that's where I'll go.
Yesterday while I was in the shower Stanley used my lipstick to make his whole forehead pink. it was prety much solid, from the outer edge of each brow up to just below the hair line, all in a pretty neat rectangle. when I got out and saw him, he proudly pointed out "eyebrows pink!" I ran all over the house looking for the camera, letting my desire for great picture momentarily outweigh my fear that he would put his head against something. I realized soon enough that Scott had taken the camera with him to orientation, so I ran back to clean up. It all wiped right of with baby wipes.
Today we had a dinner I got to go to as part of the orientation activities. It was at a loud and casual resteraunt, so we decided that we'd take Stan instead of Scott just going without me. I gave him a bath and put him in a cute outfit. Scott was going to call me when he got done with his orientation session, and I was going to go pick him up and go to the resteraunt. This was a good plan because it only takes about 12 minutes to get to the school, but I decided to leave about half an hour early so I would have time to get lost or drive around the campus a little bit. After sitting in traffic for 50 full minutes, I arrived at the law school to pick up scott 20 minutes late. We got to the resteraunt and they brought in another table for us and put it in the corner. Another married couple from Wisconsin came and sat with us. Stan was remarkably well behaved and blended in pretty well, with the exception of yelling DINNER TIME! DINNER TIIIIIIIIME!!! when we got some appetizers, but that was cute enough to not count as bad behavior. We ordered our food and waited for it to come, and the whole time he just quietly entertained himself with a straw. We chatted with the other couple and got our food. After a few bites, Stan threw up all over the place, and all over scott. Scott ran off to the bathroom with him, and I cleaned up with a hundred napkins, got boxes for our food, paid, and met scott outside. So instead of a nice dinner followed by a social, we had three bites of dinner followed by a pleasant evening at home. Luckily, we came late enough to be in the corner and not at one of the big long tables, and we were sitting with a married couple who wants kids. I don't think anyone besides them knew what happened, so hopefully Scott won't be known for the next three years as The Guy Whose Kid Threw Up at the Dinner.
Tomorrow is an exciting day. Exciting for Scott because he gets his laptop, and Exciting for Stan because tomorrow we are going to the Kids Party. The couple we sat with has been to the Fair twice already, and they said there's a milk booth, and for a dollar you get a cup of milk, but then if you keep the cup you can get refills all day long. It sounds good in theory, but during a long hot day in the sun, a big glass of milk isn't usually on the list of drinks that sound at all good. but maybe it's different if it's Fair Milk. There's another booth we've heard of, that has a hundred flavors of milk or something like that.
Speaking of the Fair, they're doing the fireworks right now. they apparently do fireworks every single night. We hear them each time, but last night we happened to be driving past the fairgrounds when they started. it was pretty cool.
Yesterday while I was in the shower Stanley used my lipstick to make his whole forehead pink. it was prety much solid, from the outer edge of each brow up to just below the hair line, all in a pretty neat rectangle. when I got out and saw him, he proudly pointed out "eyebrows pink!" I ran all over the house looking for the camera, letting my desire for great picture momentarily outweigh my fear that he would put his head against something. I realized soon enough that Scott had taken the camera with him to orientation, so I ran back to clean up. It all wiped right of with baby wipes.
Today we had a dinner I got to go to as part of the orientation activities. It was at a loud and casual resteraunt, so we decided that we'd take Stan instead of Scott just going without me. I gave him a bath and put him in a cute outfit. Scott was going to call me when he got done with his orientation session, and I was going to go pick him up and go to the resteraunt. This was a good plan because it only takes about 12 minutes to get to the school, but I decided to leave about half an hour early so I would have time to get lost or drive around the campus a little bit. After sitting in traffic for 50 full minutes, I arrived at the law school to pick up scott 20 minutes late. We got to the resteraunt and they brought in another table for us and put it in the corner. Another married couple from Wisconsin came and sat with us. Stan was remarkably well behaved and blended in pretty well, with the exception of yelling DINNER TIME! DINNER TIIIIIIIIME!!! when we got some appetizers, but that was cute enough to not count as bad behavior. We ordered our food and waited for it to come, and the whole time he just quietly entertained himself with a straw. We chatted with the other couple and got our food. After a few bites, Stan threw up all over the place, and all over scott. Scott ran off to the bathroom with him, and I cleaned up with a hundred napkins, got boxes for our food, paid, and met scott outside. So instead of a nice dinner followed by a social, we had three bites of dinner followed by a pleasant evening at home. Luckily, we came late enough to be in the corner and not at one of the big long tables, and we were sitting with a married couple who wants kids. I don't think anyone besides them knew what happened, so hopefully Scott won't be known for the next three years as The Guy Whose Kid Threw Up at the Dinner.
Tomorrow is an exciting day. Exciting for Scott because he gets his laptop, and Exciting for Stan because tomorrow we are going to the Kids Party. The couple we sat with has been to the Fair twice already, and they said there's a milk booth, and for a dollar you get a cup of milk, but then if you keep the cup you can get refills all day long. It sounds good in theory, but during a long hot day in the sun, a big glass of milk isn't usually on the list of drinks that sound at all good. but maybe it's different if it's Fair Milk. There's another booth we've heard of, that has a hundred flavors of milk or something like that.
Speaking of the Fair, they're doing the fireworks right now. they apparently do fireworks every single night. We hear them each time, but last night we happened to be driving past the fairgrounds when they started. it was pretty cool.