« Home | Starch » | Due » | extra interesting » | A very good dinner we just had » | a recipie » | A Baby Dress! » | cheesy bites » | misc. » | Spies like us » | I love this! » 

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 

mini-dota

Well we are here in Minnesota, at our next-to-final (ish) destination. Right now we are in Saint Paul, but not so far into Saint Paul that Scott couldn't throw a rock into Minneapolis if he was warmed up. When we move again on the 8th we'll be about a mile north, and just enough over to be on the Minneapolis side of the line by about the same stone's throw.

It has been pretty cool here, which is nice because it's also quite humid. Last night when we were out at the park and at the mall, it was probably 69 or 70 degrees, nice and cool, with enough moisture in the air to be like a drizzle without any drops of rain actually moving from the sky to he ground. It was really nice, but it's worse when it's warmer. Today, though, it's till cool enough to open up all the windows and try to get the breeze to blow in.

Earlier in the day yesterday we went to go see the hospital I'll deliver at, and to ask the receptionist in labor and delivery for a list of the dotors that deliver there and if she had any reccomendations. It seemed like a decent enough place, but the time we were there hapened to coincide with the time scott was talking with the shipping company and finding out that they weren't going to drop our stuff off last night after all, and he was pretty upset by the whole thing, so I didn't ask to go see the nursery and all that. They offer formal tours on wednesday nights, so we can take one later if we can fit it in. The hospial is called Regions hospital, and it's right next to the capitol building in Saint Paul, about 7 miles from our house, so it's nice and close. Normally you have to pay for parking, but we didn't have to pay, probably because we were in and out in less than 7 minutes.

We're pretty much right downtown. We take the freeway to get anywhere even to the grocery store. All the buildings are tall and close together. The roads here are all every which way, and even though they're numbered, it's all like 'south 5th avenue Northeast' ...not to be confused with 5th avenue South, or Northeast 5th avenue South, or just plain Northeast 5th avenue. And not to be confused with the *other* south 5th avenue Northeast in one of the suburbs that are all mishmashed into the Metro area.

Stan is stil having a hard time with the concept that this is not our house, even though we're living here. I don't want the girl to come back and feel like we've been rummaging through all her cupboards and stuff, so Stan can't open any drawers or cupboards, and he can't play the games even though they're all out in plain sight and he loves games, and he can't move the candles around, and he can't touch the electronics, which are all in low places, and he pretty much can't do anything. It's hard to be telling him no all the time. but even though he wouldn't break anything in the kitchen cabinets, for example, or damage the towels under the bathroom sink, I know I wouldn't be able to get everything back in just the right spot, lookng just how it was. I want to be a good guest, because it's such a huge favor that we even have a place to stay.

Today is my last day with Scott being a full-tme husband. Orientation starts tomorrow and pretty much goes from dawn till dusk and longer, and after all the orienation of course comes school. I have realy enjoyed this summer. I wish we could always be together as much as we have been for the last few months--I really like him.

About me

  • I'm Stan
  • From
My profile

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates