« Home | Colorquilts Gallery » | two wrongs make a right » | this is a tiny apple pie I made for scott to take ... » | mind if i sit Bayeux? » | it's too cold in here! » | what's for dinner » | the worst socks » | stan and robyn hanging out in the crib  » | i told scott that if he helped me put some picture... » | This is a picture of Stanley when he was very new.  » 

Tuesday, November 09, 2004 

for once in my life....

I kept the kitchen clean all day today. I just kept doing dishes and putting them away and then doing more and more. I did it all day, and the kitchen was clean all day even though i made bread and made dinner. I even took the dirty dishes from yesterday out of the dishwasher and washed them too--that's how much of a roll I was on. Here's the trick: i bought these blue gloves, and i tried wearing them for dishes. it was awesome! i have to pick up stan at least three or four times during each batch of dishes, but instead of having to dry my hands of and then getting stan damp anyway, i just took my dry hands out of the gloves. The other great thing is that I was able to use boiling hot water so that it didn't ever get cold while i was taking care of stan, and that was great because it's easier to just keep doing dishes than it is to reach your hand into gross cold water to pull the plug, wait for the tap to get hot, and refill the sink with hotsoapydishwater (as my dad calls it). I didn't have to touch anything gross and my fingernails never got all soft and soggy. I love my new gloves! I don't know why I never did this before. Dishes used to be the worst job ever and now it's like, well, i don't know what it's more like now, but it's not so bad. This should be very good news for Scott.

About me

  • I'm Stan
  • From
My profile

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates