« Home | greetings from the past... » | killed him dead » | bills » | mystery music » | do-dut party » | I've lost more than my mind » | how to do laundry » | a little something » | why am I up at 1:00? I ask myelf the same questio... » | more than we bargained for? » 

Monday, December 03, 2007 

ironing

I am heating up the iron for the third time because I keep not getting off the computer and ironing. I put the boys to bed at 7, and now that it is 9:00, they are still up having a good time. they really do this every night. They get along after bedtime better than at any time during the day.

It's supposed to snow all day tomorrow, so we won't be going to the store, but we're out of eggs, out of potatoes, almost out of flour, out of pasta, out of bread, out of soymilk, almost out of regular milk, and out of leftovers- and probably other things. The fridge is pretty bare, but there are some apples and grapefruits, pepperoni, few mushrooms, and some sour cream. It's not as bad as it seems- we can have crackers and cheese with tuna fish for lunch, oatmeal or pancakes for breakfast, and, um, well I'll have to think of something for dinner. Something involving rice and frozen peas, perhaps? wait! I have cans of chili under the bed...

They always have you get a blood test before you can go get an ultrasound for due-date establishing purposes. to get the ultrasound your HCG levels have to be over 2000. Of course my levels were somewhere in the neighborhood of 81,000, so I'm free to schedule the ultrasound. If there were any remote possibility that my levels were under 2,000, I certainly would not be calling a doctor yet, since doctor-visit avoidance is one of my priorities. Of course prenatal care is important, or at least I go so as not to be found criminally negligent, but there's no reason to be trying to go at 4 weeks when you don't have to go in until 12. That being said, I'm sure I'll find out this week that I'm already 20 weeks and should have gone in when I thought I was 4.

well there is a lot to do before bed, and henry has been getting up early these days. goodnight.

About me

  • I'm Stan
  • From
My profile

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates