why am I up at 1:00? I ask myelf the same question. It started out being because Scott had a little homework to finish up. But is he doing it? not at all. He's messing around. I'm not on much of a schedule anyway these days. Last night we stayed up till 2, and somehow I still woke up at 5:30 on my own and couldn't go back to sleep. so today I dozed off for 15 minutes around 11:30, and took a nap with Stan from 2:30 to 3:30. Then I wanted to get a bunch of cooking and freezing done, so I let him sleep till about 5. So he finally fell asleep around 11:30, which, come to think of it, is about when he fell asleep last night, after having an early bedtime at 7:30 but waking up and being let out by a merciful Scott who hadn't seen him awake since Monday. I was reading a chapter today on helping to ease the transition to big-siblinghood for the firstborn, and there was a big thing about keeping the same schedule. Ha. He has no schedule, and hasn't since June, and especially not since we left in August. He's just glad he's slept at the same house for a week and a half. But it will get him used to everyone having no schedule when the baby gets here. I'm hoping that all the night-crying will turn him into a very sound sleeper. I'm getting practice with being up all night myself, since Stan keeps waking up three times a night and calling me. Add that to all the regular aches and pains, the heartburn, the potty breaks, the occaional snack, and the effort involved in rolling over, and I might actually be sleeping better in the night when an infant is all I have to contend with. Ok, probably not.
I'm anxious about going into labor, because Stan was born by now. It kind of took me by surprise last time, but now I keep thinking about it. Every time I have an achy contraction I think, Is this it? Is this the first of many? Will I be at the hospital in 6 hours? or 2? But I'm not really having this baby yet, and I won't tonight, and probably not tomorrow. Part of me is anxious to have it, but another, probably bigger part would put it off indefinately. Two kids is when you get to be a real mom, i think. A serious mom. Right now I'm just kind of a play mom. Two kids is when my life will really be over. I still have things to do before the birth anyway: I need to unpack the upstairs bedrooms a little more to make a path to the rocking chair and make room somewhere for the porta-crib and it's handy bassinet attachment. I need to buy an air matress for my mom to sleep on. I need to find the baby clothes and probably wash them to get the storage-smell off. I need to do my own laundry, but first get a bunch of quarters somehow, and i need to buy all those miscellaneous things you need for a baby and a nice recovery. Also Stan hardly has any long pants that fit him, so I need to find a thrift store and soon, since it's chilly every day now. but first things first-- I need to go to bed.
I'm anxious about going into labor, because Stan was born by now. It kind of took me by surprise last time, but now I keep thinking about it. Every time I have an achy contraction I think, Is this it? Is this the first of many? Will I be at the hospital in 6 hours? or 2? But I'm not really having this baby yet, and I won't tonight, and probably not tomorrow. Part of me is anxious to have it, but another, probably bigger part would put it off indefinately. Two kids is when you get to be a real mom, i think. A serious mom. Right now I'm just kind of a play mom. Two kids is when my life will really be over. I still have things to do before the birth anyway: I need to unpack the upstairs bedrooms a little more to make a path to the rocking chair and make room somewhere for the porta-crib and it's handy bassinet attachment. I need to buy an air matress for my mom to sleep on. I need to find the baby clothes and probably wash them to get the storage-smell off. I need to do my own laundry, but first get a bunch of quarters somehow, and i need to buy all those miscellaneous things you need for a baby and a nice recovery. Also Stan hardly has any long pants that fit him, so I need to find a thrift store and soon, since it's chilly every day now. but first things first-- I need to go to bed.