« Home | how to do laundry » | a little something » | why am I up at 1:00? I ask myelf the same questio... » | more than we bargained for? » | yesterday, today, and tomorrow » | mini-dota » | Starch » | Due » | extra interesting » | A very good dinner we just had » 

Thursday, November 16, 2006 

I've lost more than my mind

So last Friday I went to Target to try to get Stan a coat. The first indication of trouble was that I forgot to bring Stan's jacket (so he could change his mind and put it on when he realized it really was cold outside) and had to wheel him onto the store wrapped in baby blankets. The second indication was hat I had to return to the condiments aisle about three times. But the real trouble happened after I checked out. I had the diaper bag on my shoulder, but couldn't get henry's carseat in with my shoulder up holding the bag, so I set the bag down so I could lean into the car. I got henry in and went around to buckle Stan up, which I did, and then I went around and got in and drove away....leaving the diaper bag in the parking lot! I went back to see if anyone brought it inside once I realized it wasn't in the house or the car, but they didn't have it. So there goes a few diapers, some books and snacks, my planner with my credit cards, drivers license, and all that, and, worst of all...my moby wrap! Now for those of you who don't know, the moby wrap is a baby carrier, and the only thing that makes it possible to take out the trash, do the laundry, wash the dishes, and make dinner. Without it I am reduced to nothing since henry is usually only quiet long enough to draw in a big cryin' beath when I set him down. Boo. Then this morning I dropped Scott off at school, and when I went outside after lunch I saw that I had left Stan's car door open. Not just unlocked, but standing wide open, letting the breeze blow in. So I closed the door, and continud on my errand, which was to go make some visiting teaching switcheroos in the clerks office at the church. I left stan with a friend and walked into the church thinking how nice it was to have a sitter. I was almost to the clerk's office when I realized I had left Henry in the car! no diaper bag = no baby, I guess. I quickly retrieved him, and took him into the office where I couldn't finish what I had come to do because I didn't bring my folder. But I did most of it.
so now I have to wait for new cards, get a new driver's license, get a new planner, and get a new moby wrap post haste. I'm sorry Dawn, I'll think of the new one as being from you, too :)

About me

  • I'm Stan
  • From
My profile

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates