« Home | why am I up at 1:00? I ask myelf the same questio... » | more than we bargained for? » | yesterday, today, and tomorrow » | mini-dota » | Starch » | Due » | extra interesting » | A very good dinner we just had » | a recipie » | A Baby Dress! » 

Sunday, October 15, 2006 

a little something

The theme for this week has been injuries to Stan. I don't know if he's growing or what, but Stan is just always getting hurt. He has started getting out of his booster seat by climbing over the side, and he falls off the chair all the time. He trips more and bangs his head or feet on things, and pulls things onto himself. Yesterday he pulled the folded-up stroller onto himself and got a (-nother) black eye. But the good thing for Stan is that we went and bought a bunch of things for him to do--paint, crayons, and markers, stuff to make play dough, scissors and construction paper and glue, and stuff like that. I haven't done a lot with him since we moved, and he was getting pretty bored, so I've been looking online for preschool activities and little craft projects and things for him to do. We finaly got him into a regular bedtime and he's been going down without a fuss, so we can start building a better routine out of that. I need to start going to bed early so that I can get up before him, because getting provoked awake by a two-year-old every morning really starts the day out wrong, but I just hate go to bed at night. After everyone is asleep I just don't want it to end! I know that if I go to sleep, then before I know it I'll have another day to deal with. Not that my days are bad, but a hectic 12 hours with stan is no peaceful read on the couch, you know?
Henry is everything you'd hope for from a new baby in an appartment--he hardly hardly ever cries, even when I'm changing his clothes or his diaper. Even when I'm giving him a bath, for that matter! And he sleeps really well in the night, so far. He usually will eat a bunch in the evening and then sleep from about 12 to 5:30, which really is a luxurious schedule. Stan still wakes up in the night sometimes, though, so between the two of them I don't always get much sleep. And Stan doesn't nap anymore, so I can't either unless I arrange a playtime for him at someone else's house. Like I said, I just need to get to bed earlier.
Stan likes Henry more and more, which is good, but it also means he always wants to wake him up when he's sleeping and wants to "Grab-um!" "Squeeze-um!" and "Hug-um!" all the time. "oh! Stan! not on the face! Why dont' you give him a nice hug on his hand?"

Hi Julie. Happy to see you posting again.

Track down some Lincoln Logs, Legos, and plain old building blocks at local thrift stores. Play animals are good too.

Shane

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Stan
  • From
My profile

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates