« Home | I've lost more than my mind » | how to do laundry » | a little something » | why am I up at 1:00? I ask myelf the same questio... » | more than we bargained for? » | yesterday, today, and tomorrow » | mini-dota » | Starch » | Due » | extra interesting » 

Sunday, November 26, 2006 

do-dut party

I made a bunch of donut dough, and we invited over a bunch of people from our ward and I fried up the donuts as people ate them and talked. It was our first social gesture here, and it was a big success! I made glazed raised donuts and pumpkin donuts. I found a website with a bunch of donut recipes, so I'll have to do this again to try such anticipated delights as gingerbread donuts, maple donuts, buttermilk spice donuts, and chocolate donuts...among others. I have only ever made raised donuts before, but it turns out that cake donuts are really easy! no kneading, no rising-- just mix, roll, cut, and fry. Okay, so that doesnt' exactly sound easy, but it is. I promise.

My next venture is going to be homemade granola. it looks really easy, and it will be good because a) granola is so expensive and b) I can put wheat germ and stuff into it. Basically you just mix your grains, pour something sweet and wet over it, and bake it in the oven. My source for granola recipes for now is this page, and it has a lot of good looking hot cereal recipes too. ( I also want to feed me and Stan more hot cereal this winter).

ok, I just learned from the dispatch that Scott wants to be in bed in ten minutes. I'd better go.

About me

  • I'm Stan
  • From
My profile

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates