I feel like I should have something worth saying, but the truth is, I don't and I wouln't be surprised if I don't for a while. I'm a college student, and I have about three weeks left of class (or is it two?)...I have some papers to write. One is for a political science class on media and politics, and I'm going to write about the relationship between interest groups and the media and how that relationship changes the nature of democracy. That one will be 15-20 pages. I don't know if it's the best topic, but we had to choose at the beginning of the semester and the last day to change topics was sometime in february, at which point I wasn't even starting to think about actually having to write the paper. The other paper is for a humanities class in which we have been learning all the different schools of literary (and visual arts) criticism. For that I'm going to to a psychocritical analysis of Peter Pan. I haven't done any work for that yet. the problem with criticism is that there are limitless things to say, so no matter how well I think I've done on a paper, I always think of so many more things I could have said ofter it's turned in. The class has about 8 people in it, so when we do papers, there is enough time in class for everyone to say what they wrote about and have a big discussion about it. It amazes me how many things I looked right past...things other people made a whole argument out of. Even in paintings where it's all in front of you at once ,i may concentrate on spatial relationships and someone alse may prove an opposite point using color. It's amazing. I guess that's where deconstruction comes in...by trying to say one thing, a work of art, because of the very nature of language and symbols, says the opposite thing at the same time. I see one thing and someone else sees the opposite and the work supports both sides. i wish I could think of everything at once. Once I hear some explanation it all seems so obvious but I just can't do it on my own. I can think of one plausible explanation, or maybe two or three, but there are so many...so many ways to look at things, and all I ever know is what I see myself and what I read and hear. I guess it's just the same problem of wanting to see the world through everyone's eyes and being limited to my own dim vision.